Has the second wave of COVID got you down?
Wondering what you can do to stay in shape at home?
ORCC will be running a Virtual Athletic Conditioning Boot Camp for masters athletes on Wednesday evenings beginning November 4th.
This program is geared towards master's athletes and their families who are looking to improve their strength and conditioning. This is a weekly dry-land VIRTUAL training session designed to challenge, motivate and inspire every single participant in a dynamic, interactive and FUN group environment. There will be a core focus, including strength movement and balance skills.
Equipment: Just your body weight, some space and a mat!
The program is led by Andrea Nicholls, a certified sports conditioning specialist, personal trainer, strength coach and fitness instructor.
To sign up scroll to the bottom of the page.
ORCC fall programs provide participants great overall conditioning while the water is warm. Athletes will continue to work on paddling technique drills and skills, endurance training and strength work under the watchful eye of an experienced coach.
For more information and to register click on the following link:
Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of any program or practice to get equipment set up.
Training hours may change to accommodate shorter daylight. Staff will modify training activities according to weather conditions to ensure athletes safety.
All athletes must bring running shoes and athletic wear for either dryland or on-water training to each practice.
Fully paid membership and registration is required in order to race under ORCC in any Master's event.
The Paddle 4 life program promotes fitness and paddling for adults from 25 years on. Training includes lots of time in the boats to help develop your balance as you improve your technical skills in sprint singles and crew boats. Participants also learn to paddle in bigger water conditions in surf skis and outriggers. On days when the water is really rough participants will go out in our OC6 and surf the waves.
The option to sprint race will be available at various local regattas and at the Canadian Masters Championships being held this year in Ottawa on August 30th, 2020. Participants also have the opportunity to try out the outrigger and surf ski skills they have developed at the Ottawa River Paddle Challenge (ORPC) September 19th, 2020.
The Paddle4Life package includes access to the following:
- two to four coached training sessions per week in singles, crew boats, surf skis and outrigger for participants of all levels, from novice to veteran
- 25+ year old participants have the option to compete at local or national level events, or the Ottawa River Paddle Challenge in September;
- one session of What's SUP, (reg. member value of $ 40)
- Dragon boat training with the ORCC crews
- Monday and Thursday 6:30 pm on water (novice and experienced paddlers welcome)
- Wednesday and Friday 6:30 am (experienced paddlers)
- Saturday 9 am - noon (on your own paddle)
P4L program fee options:
All P4L participants must be ORCC members and registered in a P4L program. The P4L registration includes registration with Canoe Kayak Canada which allows you to race in local and National events (CANMAS). Please note that all race fees are extra and individual to the athletes races.
The Paddle 4 Life program has three options to accommodate all of our adult paddlers.
Full-time P4L program - $390 (May to end August)
- 4 coached practices per week + Saturday morning (on own)
Half-time P4L program - $260 (May to end August)
- 2 coached practices per week + Saturday morning (on own)
Novice P4L program - $150 (June 29 to end August)
- 2 coached evening practices per week + Saturday morning (on own)
ORCC Credit Card Policy:
ORCC offers a variety of payment methods such as cheque, etransfer and credit card. However, credit card transactions cost the club thousands of dollars every year. In an effort to keep program pricing reasonable, we ask those participants who wish to pay by credit card to ensure you also pay the credit card convenience fee to help offset the costs to the club. No convenience fee is charged for etransfers or cheque.
Please be aware of the ORCC Cancellation Policy:
**N.B. - “The ORCC reserves the right to refuse admission or cancel registrations in the programs at its discretion.”
- Program registration cancellations received up to 2 weeks into the program will receive a prorated refund less a $50 nonrefundable administration fee.
- No refunds are available after two weeks of programming; cancellations received after 2 weeks into the program will be issued a prorated credit only.
- In the case of injury or illness, a medical certificate may be required, and refunds will only be offered as a prorated credit to be used for a future ORCC camp or program registration.