Sprint Racing & War Canoe Program - Fully paid membership and registration is required in order to race under ORCC.
the train to perform sprint program which is designed for the high-performance,
experienced paddlers who are training with the goal of attending the Canoe Kayak
Canada National Championships. Athletes will gain increasing proficiency in
their single and team events, including war canoe.
commitment to year-long training and competition is a requirement as training
continues during the off-water season with a compliment of strength and
endurance training through swimming, running, paddle machines, weights, and
**All participants must be ORCC members and must contact Head Coach Joel Hazzan prior to registration**
Program fee (installment option available)
- September 1 - August 31 year-round training - $1800 + HST
- ~$40 per week with 8-10 practices per week
- May 1 - August 31 training - $910
This fee includes all regatta costs excluding National Championships, National Team Trials and Provincial Team Trials, and any training camps will be additional. Training Schedule
May - June :
July - August :
(2016 Regatta schedule here)
Additional costs which are NOT included in the registration fee:
CKC Nationals Championships
Ontario and National team trials
Membership for training to Richcraft Rec complex (Youth rate)
Please be aware of the ORCC Cancellation Policy:
- Program cancellations will be issued a prorated refund calculated to one month from the receipt of the cancellation request and the withdrawal of the participant from the program.
- In the case of injury or illness, a medical certificate may be required.
**N.B. - “The ORCC reserves the right to refuse admission or cancel registrations in the programs at its discretion.”