Spring training package for "Team Ericsson" for the month of June.The training is held every Tuesday starting May 29 until June 19 from 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM.
Target festivals (festival fees will be paid separately):
Ottawa Festival: Saturday June 23 and 24
Constance Bay festival: Saturday July 7
Training sessions are held at the Ottawa River Canoe Club, located here: https://goo.gl/maps/v3SpsEVHHCP2
For additional questions regarding training please contact Adrian or Poovai.
- assume training is ON except when the coach decides to cancel due to weather (electrical storms or very high winds from the wrong direction). Cancellation emails will be sent to email@example.com
- If a training is cancelled due to weather, a recovery session will be scheduled for a day and time suitable for a majority of the participants.
Please arrive at the club 10-15 minutes early to get ready and help put the dragonboats on water.
- training attire: recommend similar equipment as for jogging. Please factor in the wind, weather and the fact that you will be wearing a life jacket (mandatory by law) that will keep you warm .
- water shoes are recommended as sometime you might have to walk in the water on the rocky bottom and a change of clothes is always a good idea
- There are two change rooms at the club, but to avoid delays please try to change at Ericsson before heading to the club
- There is water at the club that is hauled by a volunteer. Please bring your own water if possible and use the club water for refills only.
- Parking: Please use the top parking lot and if that is full, use the gravel road leading to the top parking lot. The club parking lot is reserved for coaches and para paddling programs. There is a 75 meters walk from the parking lot to the club.