Schedule of events:
Parking is free if you follow these directions: You can bring your car to drop off your boat. Do not park your car in the sailboat yard. Please park your car in designated parking outside boat yard after boat drop off. Do not park on roadways or any unmarked parking locations. You will be ticketed.
Friday September 21
Registration 4:30 - 7:00 pm
4:30 pm Registration / check-in table opens (in NSC club house)
7 :00 pm Registration / check-in table closes
Saturday September 22
Registration 7:00 - 8:15 am
7:00 Registration / check-in table opens (At registration tent by the sailing school docks in boat yard)
8:15 Registration / check-in table closes
8:15 – 8:45 Opening Ceremonies and Pre-race information for all participants (City, Provincial dignitaries and Jacques The Connector with indigenous land blessing)
Event start times
9:00 SUP/prone (10 km race start (all SUP categories combined)
9:15 OC1, Ocean Kayak, open canoe (15 km)
9:20 OC6 start (first wave- women boats + 1 open crew 15 km)
9:25 Surfski, kayak, OC2 start (15 km & 30 km)
10:00 Novice/Paddle all kayak, canoe, SUP - 1 km fun race - CANCELLED
11:15 OC6 start (approx. start time for second wave- mixed and open crews) 15km
Lunch and awards
12:00 – 2:00 Lunch- first wave at noon, second wave around 1:30
1:30 – 2:30 Medals ceremony- draw prizes
** The section below is for OC6 crews **
Given the large number of teams and limited boat availability, teams are separated in 2 heats. Distribution of teams/boats in each heat will be available at 8:45 am race day. Team captains will receive all guidelines regarding the race at registration.
Steersperson in 1st wave: please loan your steering paddle to the second team using the same boat in the second wave.
It’s the responsibility of each team to be at the dock to proceed to boat exchange between wave 1 and 2. We will start wave 2 between 11:00 and 11:15 as long as all wave 1 boats have all returned.
- OC6 - standard spec. OC6 i.e. Bradley lighting or Force 5 (no unlimited hulls allowed) SOLD OUT NO FURTHER REGISTRATIONS FOR OC6
- OC2 - double outrigger canoe open
- OC1 - single outrigger canoe open
Stand up paddling
- SUP - male (max length 14')
- SUP - female (max length 12'6")
- SUP - youth (max length 10'6")
Surfski and Kayak
- Surfski - max length 6.4 m
- Kayak Open - male/female/adult/youth (longer than 5 m)
- Kayak rec - male/female/adult/youth (shorter than 5 m)
- Canoe Open - male/female/adult/youth (max. length 18', no pro boats)
- Canoe rec - adult/youth (max length 16')
- North Canoe (26' length, six paddlers)
*classes may be added or removed without notice
$85 + HST late registration (t-shirts not guaranteed after August 22)
Registration is not available the day of the event
- after race meal
- technical t-shirt (you will be asked to select the size during registration; you must register prior to AUGUST 22nd to guarantee the correct t-shirt size)
- swag from our sponsors
Free parking in designated spots.
Access to main club house, with bar, lounge and water-side terrace.
Toilets, showers and changing rooms- both at sailing school area and main club house.
All participants registered online are automatically registered to win many prizes.
Thanks to our partners, there are over a thousand dollars’ worth of prizes to win! No profits are generated from ORPC. We will sell tickets for the chance to win one of the big prizes to help finance the event. Only one win allowed / ticket holder.
Prizes include: Grey Owl OC paddle, B&B carbon SUP paddle, Red Tail paddles.
$5/ ticket, $10/ 3 tickets, $20/ 7 tickets cash.