As a participant, or a parent or a guardian of a participant, in the Ottawa River Canoe Club (ORCC) program/activity, I fully understand, acknowledge and agree to the following:
- I am aware there may be inherent risks to participating in the ORCC program/activity.
- I am aware that all participants must abide by the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the Ottawa River Canoe Club.
- I am aware of the ORCC recommendation that all participants strive to achieve a competence level in swimming following the Red Cross Swim program (able to swim 75 metres and tread water for 2 minutes).
- I am aware that a personal flotation device (PFD) must be worn for all on water activity by everyone. The only exceptions are U16 and older sprint athletes that are training with a coach AND who have met the recommended swim competency level.
- I am fully aware and understand the risks involved with paddling in cold water conditions. I understand that a Government approved PFD must be worn while participating in on-water activities/programs during cold water conditions (no exceptions).
- I am unaware of any health-related problems that could cause injury while engaging in the ORCC program/activity.
- I have full knowledge of the nature and extent of the risks involving in participating in the ORCC program/activity.
- I am voluntarily assuming the risks involved in participating in the program/activity and in doing so I fully understand that I will be solely responsible for any injury, loss or damage that I or my child causes or sustains.
- I have read and agree to the concussion waiver available in the About Us section of the website.
- If my child is a minor pursuant to the Age of Majority and Accountability Act, he/ she has my permission to participate in the Ottawa River Canoe Club program/activity.
I and my child agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Ottawa River Canoe Club liable from all claims, demands, causes of action, loss, costs or damages that the Ottawa River Canoe Club may suffer, incur or be liable for in relation to any injury my child may suffer or cause to others in connection with my or my child’s negligence or while I or my child is participating in the program/activity. I and my child hereby release, waive, and discharge the Ottawa River Canoe Club from all liability to our heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns for all loss or damage and any claims or demands for such loss or damage on account of injury to person or property.