The Paddle 4 life program promotes fitness and paddling for adults from 25 years on. Training includes lots of time in the boats to help develop your balance as you improve your technical skills in sprint singles and crew boats. Participants also learn to paddle in bigger water conditions in surf skis and outriggers. On days when the water is really rough participants will go out in our OC6 and surf the waves.
The option to sprint race will be available at various local regattas and at the Canadian Masters Championships being held this year in Ottawa on August 29th, 2021. Participants also have the opportunity to try out the outrigger and surf ski skills they have developed at the Ottawa River Paddle Challenge (ORPC) September 18th, 2021.
The Paddle4Life package includes access to the following:
- two to four coached training sessions per week in singles, crew boats, surf skis and outrigger for participants of all levels, from novice to veteran
- 25+ year old participants have the option to compete at local or national level events, or the Ottawa River Paddle Challenge in September
Training Schedule Experienced Paddlers
On water training will begin May 10 (weather dependant)
- Monday and Thursday 6:30pm
- Wednesday and Friday 6:30 am
- Saturday 9 am - noon (on your own paddle)
Training Schedule Novice Paddlers
This program will begin June 2nd to allows the water temperature to increase.
- Wednesday's and Friday 6:30pm
2021 Race Schedule
Please note that race fees are extra and individual to the athletes races.
- June 12th- Long Distance Event (Carleton Place or Rideau Canoe Cub)
- July 11th- Masters Sprint Event (Rideau Canoe Club)
- July 24 or 25- Eastern Ontario Divisional Qualifiers (Rideau Canoe Club)
- August 14th- Ontario Championships (Welland International Flatwater Centre)
- August 29th- Canadian Masters Championships (Ottawa, ON)
- Sept 18th- Long Distance Outrigger, Surf Ski or SUP event (ORCC or Nepean Sailing Club)
P4L program fee options:
P4L participants taking part in the experienced program must be ORCC members. Participants who wish to race in divisional, provincial or national level competitions must register for a racing membership, which includes all association fees. All race fees are extra and individual to the athletes races.
The Paddle 4 Life program has three options to accommodate all of our adult paddlers.
Full-time P4L program
- $475 (May to end August)
- 4 coached practices per week + Saturday morning (on own)
Half-time P4L program - $305 (May to end August)
- 2 coached practices per week + Saturday morning (on own)
Novice P4L program - $280 (June 2nd to end August)
- 2 coached evening practices per week + Saturday morning (on own)
ORCC Credit Card Policy:
ORCC offers a variety of payment methods such as cheque, etransfer and credit card. However, credit card transactions cost the club thousands of dollars every year. In an effort to keep program pricing reasonable, we ask those participants who wish to pay by credit card to ensure you also pay the credit card convenience fee to help offset the costs to the club. No convenience fee is charged for etransfers or cheque.
Please be aware of the ORCC Cancellation Policy:
**N.B. - “The ORCC reserves the right to refuse admission or cancel registrations in the programs at its discretion.”
- Program registration cancellations received up to 2 weeks into the program will receive a prorated refund less a $50 nonrefundable administration fee.
- No refunds are available after two weeks of programming; cancellations received after 2 weeks into the program will be issued a prorated credit only.
- In the case of injury or illness, a medical certificate may be required, and refunds will only be offered as a prorated credit to be used for a future ORCC camp or program registration.